Today, we bring you a recipe for Spaghetti with Scallops in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce, a dish that’s both simple to prepare and packed with flavor. This pasta dish features juicy scallops and spaghetti, all smothered in a luscious lemon garlic butter sauce and seasoned with spicy hot pepper flakes and fresh basil. Whether you’re looking to impress guests or simply want to enjoy a delicious meal on a busy weeknight, this recipe has got you covered. You can enjoy this delicious dinner with a dry Sauvignon Blanc. Why not try my dad’s private wine label, 7 Stelle wines! So, gather your ingredients and let’s get started on creating a restaurant-quality dish right in your own kitchen!
Spaghetti with Scallops in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
Looking for a quick and easy yet elegant dinner option? Look no further than this delicious Spaghetti with Scallops in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce! This pasta dish features juicy scallops paired with spaghetti and a luscious lemon garlic butter sauce, seasoned with spicy hot pepper flakes and fresh basil. Whether you're entertaining guests or simply satisfying your own craving for something special, this dish is sure to hit the spot. So, let's get started and create a restaurant-quality meal right at home!
- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- 1 lb. Scallops
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp. Hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Basil chopped
- 1/4 cup White wine dry
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add scallops and cook until they are golden brown and just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove scallops from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add garlic, hot pepper flakes, and lemon juice and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add white wine to the skillet and stir to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and set aside. Reduce heat to low. Strain spaghetti, and add to the skillet, tossing to coat in the sauce. Add reserved pasta water as needed if the sauce is too thick.
- Return scallops to the skillet and toss to combine with the spaghetti.
- Serve spaghetti and scallops with freshly chopped basil.