Combine the classic flavors of French onion soup with tender pasta to create this French Onion Pasta recipe. Perfect for those who love comforting and flavorful pasta dishes that are easy to make, this recipe starts by caramelizing sweet and savory onions in butter and white wine. Then, it simmers the onions in a rich and flavorful broth and tops it off with melted Gruyère cheese. Toss this luxurious sauce with cooked pasta for a hearty and satisfying meal.
Impress your dinner guests or treat yourself to a delicious and comforting dinner with French Onion Pasta. Ideal for special occasions, date night, or cozy weeknight dinners, this dish combines tender pasta, melted cheese, and sweet caramelized onions for an irresistible and filling meal. Make it with your favorite pasta shape, adjust the ingredients to your taste, and make it as cheesy or brothy as you want – this versatile recipe offers endless possibilities.
In conclusion, make French Onion Pasta recipe, an easy and satisfying dish that combines the classic flavors of French onion soup with pasta. Perfect for those who love comforting and flavorful pasta dishes, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite. Whether you want to impress your dinner guests, treat yourself to a delicious meal, or have a comforting weeknight dinner, French Onion Pasta is an excellent choice.
French Onion Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb. Rigatoni pasta or your preference
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 4 Large onions thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. All purpose flour
- 2 cups Beef broth
- 1 cup White dry wine
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley option, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced garlic and thyme to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture starts to brown.
- Slowly pour in the beef broth, while continuously whisking, to avoid any lumps. Then add the white wine and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the grated Gruyère cheese until melted and fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the cheese sauce and toss until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy your delicious French Onion Pasta!